Launched in 2015, Réalisation par is an international online, direct-to-consumer, women’s fashion brand - which has amassed a cult online following. Known for our seasonless pieces and instantly recognisable prints and viral dress designs, the label sits within the ‘affordable luxury’ category.
Priding ourselves on our supportive and energetic company culture and innovative working approach, Réalisation is a female lead company, consisting of a small team of talented and passionate individuals working across multiple continents.
Follow us on Instagram @realisationpar
Réalisation is seeking an outstanding Senior Designer candidate to join the growing design team. Based in London, you will report directly to the Design Director. Working collaboratively, and assisted by our Design Developer you will be responsible for leading product design development of the full Réalisation range, as well as driving new product category extensions, to hit commercial targets and growth plans for the brand.
You must possess both a highly creative talent for design, as well as an astute commercial understanding of our market. You will be responsible for leading the Product & Design team, driving global sales through the design of commercially viable products, for both the core range and collaboration collections, which both meet and elevate the current Réalisation aesthetic. You will support the brand in both creative and strategic decisions. This is a new role within the company and the successful candidate will be joining the team at an exciting time as the brand is experiencing strong global growth.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a senior designer you will be responsible for overseeing and leading the entire product design process, including all-important technical decisions and production requirements before final approval or either/both the and Design Directors.
- You will be responsible for leading the design development of all product collections, from initial concept through to the finished sample
- You and the team will execute product concept briefs from the Co-founders and bring them to life, along with proactively leading concept development in line with the Réalisation aesthetic
- You will oversee and develop detailed range plans, and monthly product drop schedules, and ensure that the team delivers on the product development required
- You will actively drive ideas for ongoing product category extensions which complement the existing offering and present commercially viable opportunities for business growth
- Collaborating with both the internal team and freelancers, you will conceive, refine, and execute innovative product and textile print designs, that you will present to the co-founders for final approval
- You should be able to provide direction on detailed design instruction, trim direction, fit direction, and fabric information and create tech packs where necessary
- You will ensure the delivery of commercially viable, high quality products/collections that will deliver profit margins in line with sales budgets and market opportunities
- You will explore new, innovative and speciality technologies including materials, construction techniques, and product features to elevate the current product offering and drive continuous product performance improvement
- You will actively research and evaluate key trends to identify new product opportunities to support the growth and expansion of the business
- You should be able to to create and present mood boards of research as required
- You will maintain a strong awareness of the market and the competition
- You will be responsible for leading the product development supporting the brand creatively, ensuring that the company's creative vision is clearly communicated to and executed by, the team in the products being delivered
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of fashion design experience working with luxury brands
- Must have previously worked in a Senior Design position, managing a team
- Must have experience in pricing and making commercial decisions
- Possess strong leadership abilities
- Just be able to work well both independently and in a highly-collaborative team
- Highly creative, with excellent commercial awareness with the ability to recognise future trends.
- Must be specialised in womenswear, with a focus on silk but with knowledge of cross-product categories
- Experience with print and textile development, including both conceptualising and creating artworks
- In-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process and raw materials to develop samples and ranges effectively and to cost
- Experience leading fittings, and problem solving both design
- Be comfortable making strategic and commercial decisions
- Must have a wide network of suppliers (preferably China based), manufacturers and freelance contacts
- The ability to produce accurate and detailed spec working drawings suitable for manufacturers to understand.
- The confidence and ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills to provide clear direction and leadership on creative concepts visually and verbally.
- The ability to manage multiple projects from concept to launch and adaptable to shifting priorities.
- Work with technical design to create mockups and prototypes to explore, resolve, or prove new concepts or construction techniques
Send CVs to: email@example.com
Head of Development and Production
Based in London, Réalisation is seeking a highly experienced individual to lead technical development and global production across all categories. With the company experiencing ongoing growth, the role requires a process driven individual to implement new production procedures within the team, to ensure an efficient workflow and help expand and manage our supply chain and further our product mix by introducing new categories.
- Ability to collaborate closely with the design team and brings their concepts to life
- Setting and executing the development strategy and production plan of the company. Which include allocation of development and production factories locations based on expertise, price and capacity
- Overseeing and managing the technical product development process at every stage required until launch.
- Sourcing and onboarding suppliers, in line with the brand's aesthetic and values. (Must have a wide portfolio of China based mills and factories)
- Creating critical path to ensure timely deliveries
- Working closely with manufacturing to resolve quality issues.
- Oversee and drive both the sample and production fitting process
- Reviewing styles prior to bulk to resolve delivery and issues affecting development and production
- Establish QC specifications per product, establish in house requirements/checklist for the factories on processes to ensure product's quality is properly checked.
- Oversee return/repairs as needed. Responsible for managing credit/discounts for any late deliveries or faulty items
- Guiding and managing the production process and workload of the team, to ensure priorities of deadlines
- Liaison with design, sales and marketing to create go to market calendars that align with business expectations
- Liaison with manufacturers on material management, final production engineering, cost optimisation and price negotiation.
- Will be assisted by our Production and Technical developer whom you will oversee and manage in your role
- Must have expertise in fabric and construction of women's wear in a broad range of categories
- Expert in construction and technical design
- Excellent problem solving skills and time management
- 15 years industry experience with senior development and production role, leading a team
- An eye for design is very beneficial
Send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org